Batesville Area Chamber of Commerce
The Chamber sets the standard for excellence in member service, community collaboration, business growth, and achieving a high quality of life in the Batesville area. To achieve a high rate of success, we need masterful organization, stellar coordination, and positive interactions with all audiences.
Our Administrative Coordinator will possess a strong desire to help our team, members, and visitors by effectively assisting with team tasks and monitoring progress toward completion, financial management including ordering, invoicing and accounts receivable, organizing information and people, planning logistics, tracking issues, reducing risk, and synthesizing and documenting information. Our new team member will serve as the initial point of contact for all guests, members, and visitors in a forward-facing environment and will greet and assist them in a personalized, friendly, and inviting manner.
What we have
- A collaborative team that owns our mission and roots for everyone's success
- A bias towards innovative ideas and methods
- A fast-paced and constantly evolving program of work where no one day or year looks the same.
- A membership body of dynamic businesses who impress.
- Medical benefits with flexibility to choose your own coverage.
- 401K with 3% match.
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time upon hire.
- 30 Hour Work Week Schedule for this position.
- $30K Salary.
Typical day at the chamber
- Team meeting. Because we work together. None of us is as smart as all of us.
- Prepare logistics, documents, and presentations for an upcoming board meeting that will impress and send out invitations with board meeting materials free of typos.
- Greet an out of town couple and help them navigate the city for their visit. Gather items to deliver to a local college for their seasonal preview day.
- Attend a team project meeting to document strategy for a shop local campaign and whip them into shape with your organizational skills, preparing a timeline, action steps, and documenting assignments.
- Brainstorm logistics with Director of Membership & Programs and make reservations for an upcoming Business After Hours event.
- Coordinate catering for next week’s luncheon event with a local vendor. Local business is our business!
- Complete accounts receivable daily procedure and deposit the week’s receivables.
This job might be for you if you can…
- Balance organizing, planning, and communication-based tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Juggle many tasks at one time without getting overwhelmed. Your organizational abilities are well above average.
- Find a needle in a haystack. You pay close attention to every detail, and as far as you are concerned, anything worth doing is worth doing right. You pride yourself on letting nothing fall through the cracks.
- Use your instincts. You realize when something might be off and can identify and notify our team of unintended consequences before they become such.
- Can work independently with minor supervision, thinking through challenges, solutions and proactively offering recommendations. How did we ever get through the day without you?!
- Communicate details like a boss. Seating charts? Got it. Specific dietary restrictions? No problem. Follow up with notes from a grant meeting? Already in their inbox.
If You want to land this job…
You need to have 3+ years of experience coordinating or assisting with administrative functions of an organization and comfort navigating technology including Google and Microsoft Office Suite, and industry-based databases. It doesn't have to be in a non-profit role; our team comes from unique experiences.
Apply by emailing the following to email@example.com:
- Cover Letter Outlining Interest (including preferred work hours)
- Three References
- Three Work Samples or Link to Portfolio
This posting will remain active until we find our perfect fit. Don't call us; we'll call you.
Job Type : Full-Time
Job Function : Administrative, Customer Service