Batesville School District
Under the direct supervision of the Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent of Finance & Operations, the business manager will be responsible for the overall financial operations of the district, including the development and maintenance of the annual budget. This person will oversee the budgeting process, accounts payable / receivable, the purchase order process, financial accounting, as well as payroll and HR as they relate to the overall budget & finance procedures.
- Prepares the annual district operating budget, reviews it with the Administration and submits for approval and adoption by the Board of Education. Monitors its implementation and controls cash flow. Provide department directors, supervisors and school administrators with budget information as needed.
- Responsible for assisting in the development, monitoring and coordination of budgets relative to the district’s federal and state programs including Title, ESL, IDEA, Gifted and Talented, State Categorical, etc. in coordination with the directors and supervisors in these areas.
- Prepares Personnel Budgeting in conjunction with payroll, department directors and supervisors.
- Administratively responsible for the APSCN financial services. Including security and assigning rights, setting up new funds, budget units and accounts when needed. Running exceptions and making sure all errors are corrected.
- Responsible for approval of purchasing requests thru the APSCN purchase order system as approved in the budget
- Prepares accurate monthly and annual district financial reports in accordance with district and state requirements.
- Responsible for overseeing the district’s fund balances, including operating, activity, local, state, federal, and cafeteria funds. Monitoring of the district legal balance and special programs state and local maintenance of effort balance.
- Monthly bank statement and balance sheet reconciliation.
- Regular monthly journal entries, as well as those needed to correct errors or fund transfers as approved by the superintendent or board of directors.
- Receipting and monitoring of all district funds.
- Monthly review of budgets. Check SIS AFR financial exceptions for errors.
- Maintains an annual debt schedule and the timely payment of bonded debt. Registers all debt with the state.
- Assists and cooperates with state legislative auditors in the performance of the annual audit.
- Works closely with the director of food services in handling the business and financial functions of the food service operation. Including information for and approving of the monthly child nutrition claim.
- Preparation and submission of FMS financial cycles as required by the state.
- Monitors and helps implement any new legislation, changes to state law, ADE Commissioner’s Memos or Board of Education Policies as they relate to district finance.
- Knowledge of and ability to backup other business office positions when needed.
- Other business duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Superintendent.
- Operating knowledge of APSCN
- Bachelor degree preferred with Accounting or Business Focus
- Three years accounting experience, preferably in a school setting.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Job Function : Administrative